Giant Tree frog problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

out_of_George

Reaction score
I have had a Juvenile White lipped tree frog for about 6 months now and all of a sudden the other month i noticed that his bottom lip was hanging open slightly, he is still able to feed properly and seems in perfect health otherwise.

I feed him crickets regularly, sometimes coated in calcium powder and he eats like a champ.
I am just a little bothered by his mouth constantly hanging open.

has anyone experienced this before? if so could you please give some advice on what to do if anything.

Thanks

I'm not sure, maybe regulating temperature but this is a guess. Might be nothing wrong, good luck!

That is normally a sign of a calcium deficiency. Are you using UVB +UVA lights?

Maybe give him a pinky if he's big enough once a month for the next 3 months maybe? The bones in the mouse would have a huge impact on the frog's calcium if it is a calcium deficiency.

I'll have to check what lights i use, but its the stock standard light from exo-terra, i usually feed him with the calcium powder on crickets though, maybe i'll keep the light on for longer from now on.

Thanks very much for the help, i'll let you know what light im using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back