global exotics seige

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite unpleasant. There are allegations that the person running the show was from PETA, and that they intentionally mistreated the animals to document it, and shut down Global Exotics. However, I find it hard to believe only one person could be responsible for the horrific abuse at Global Exotics. Clearly the US lacks appropriate governing of it's wildlife trade. Sad stuff. this.

Sounds like its being run by either aussies or kiwis if you got to the site and watch the vid.

its horrible isnt it.
also just realised i spelt siege wrong... sorry :(

I think it's a mix of compliance and economic factors (which are connected) If there was more regulation (and implementation of regulations) then the quality (and cost) of care would improve. With the increased cost, pet shop owners would put more value on the lives of these animals and there is more motivation to house and feed them adequately.

While PETA see this as an argument not to keep pets at all, I see it as an argument for greater regulation around pet keeping of all kinds.

if you click on the slide it takes you to the peta website. they have a video there.

Very filthy indeed. Obviously the buck is the driving factor here, but from what I can see, their stock losses must have been substantial. Was the company actually turning over a profit with those sorts of conditions?
Nic

Read the seizure statement.
Note the number of deaths reported then compare that to the numbers of animals held.
The actual number of deaths as a % is quite small.
Note the person making the complaint was also the person charged with caring for the animals as well as an undercover PETA guy.
Smells very wrong to me.

as awful as that was to watch im very hesitant to believe anything peta shows

as awful as that was to watch im very hesitant to believe anything peta shows

I agree with you, but I also know that there are woeful animal dealers there who don't give a toss about the animals they sell.
If the animal protection laws were tighter and more restrictive, there would be so much less bad dealers.
Exotics like these dealers have should be made illegal, many of them don't do well in captivity.
It makes me so angry that people are so desperate to have something 'different' that they accept anything. Animals deserve much better than this.:cry:

that disgusts me :evil: ! i am going 2 leave it at that coz i dont want an infraction!

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back