got the beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkgone

Reaction score
got my new beardie and its pretty cool but its like 4 times smaller than my other one.The gut said it was 6 weeks old but its so tiny,will i have more troubles with something this small?thanks

what ever you do dont keep the smaller one with the bigger one. my uncles friends has beardies and they put one in with it that was half the size of the original. the bigger one ate the other

one word for ya...QUARANTINE!!!!!

should probly be in a diff room i would think

hehe im sorry but you are eternally philelli. its just the way it has to be :twisted:

do u think the beardie would be to young to be house outside?

My mate bought two beardies, same breeder, same clutch, both male. One grew like a weed and was fully grown in no time. The other stayed tiny for 6 months than took off and is now bigger than the other :p.

First make sure it is totally healthy, if it is, my only advice is to keep it's food RIGHT up and make sure it has heaps of UV...Feed it till it won't eat no more :lol:

I'd keep it inside most of the time but supervised outdoor play time would be brilliant for making them grow.

i cant put them any where else but in side my room unless i put one of the beardies outside.I didnt know about quarintining.

you should read up on it bkgone its VERY important...ask afro!
the little buggers can move from cage to cage if they're not too far away i think. and if i were u i would always handle the new edition AFTER you handle your first that day, that way anything that manages to attach itself to u has to survive a shower and change of clothes before you go back to ur first beardie's cage.
maybe that is overdoing it but thats what im planning to do when i get my next herp.

If you must keep them in the same room, make sure they cant see each other... put them side by side along a wall and put a barrier of some sort (eg cardboard or wood) up between them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back