Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kairanjie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i currently have a diamond pythons and a coastal carpet housed together, and have been under the impression that they were both females(first mistake lol) and yesterday i found them both heavily intrawled in mating, (they def did mate we saw the hemipenes come out n all)
now i know that she may not be gravid and we are keeping them together to continue the mating
can anyone tell me exactly how many days from mating do u start to notice the first signs of being gravid, i know how to check but just need to know wen to start lookin
any help will be great thanks

r u seriously cross breeding no 1 likes hybrids so split them up they will be worth 10 buks

mmmmmm hybrids arent popular on this site. if you want a port mac intergrade then buy one, dont try and cross a coastal and a diamond to make your own. you will only get a hybrid

Kairanjie, in case the previous replies have not been clear, breeding two different types of carpet (or reptile for that matter) is illegal. Separate the snakes, hope they were not successful and if they were then freeze the eggs and throw them away. Kindest regards, Dan.:D

meh do you know what they are two species of carpets that naturally mate
port macs people !!!! so befor eyou all get on your high horse yes it was illegal and yes not the best thing to do but acccidents happen

ill retract that natural intergrades not port macs

either way you need to split them up dude

ill retract that natural intergrades not port macs

either way you need to split them up dude
Natural Intergrades-Port Macs,are basically the same snake,depending on who you speak too,i currently own 5 and i call them Port Macs,but as far as N.P.W goes,they go in your log book as Natural Intergrades.....Either way,if the female does lay eggs,make good use of them...Feed em to a goanna....

I would separate them asap. Then what happens next is up to you. I can see how the people on here would want you to freeze them or kill them etc. But I cant see a problem if you incubate them and sell them off as WHAT THEY ARE as pets I see no problem. IMO its a touchy subject and people on here will generally disagree with me on this one. You just put the babies under this: Morelia spilota spilota x Morelia mcdowelli Diamond/Coastal Carpet Python Hybrid T166

I will try to be civil here...You flamers get off your high horses. She posted to ask for friendly helpful advice regarding the care of the eggs. Granted it was a mistake and one I'm sure she wouldn't want to repeat again, but as kupper has pointed out, breeding between these two types of pythons do occur naturally in the wild in her area.

I find the advice you are giving her to kill off the hybrids distasteful and antagonistic. This is one if those subjects that can get very tiresome on this site. I'm sure the message has been trumpeted loud and clear now, so please give it a rest.

Hi Kairanjie

I presume your in Summer Hill NSW?
In NSW it's not illegal....:rolleyes:

Kelly

Yes hybrids have their own species codes and all in NSW, not illegal, but it is frowned upon by many people.

This person was asking a decent question about when to check, not about bloody hybrids, get off your pedestal's people, either help them or don't!

Flame this! :lol:

How about in the freezer for the hybrids or just don't incubate em, simple ?

Its not like the babies are going to be defected both species can be kept under similar conditions. I don't see why see should just go end all those lives.

years of wisdom W.T.BUY
what happens when the next owner sells these pet snakes and dosent sell them as WHAT THEY ARE? can you see where problems can start with these WHAT THEY ARE hybrids?

wranga that can, will and does happen anyway from what I hear. Regardless of wether they are hybrids or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back