Green tree frog enclosure design?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan-James

Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of building a large glass enclosure to rehouse my frogs and I'm after any input in the design or clever ideas for furnishings etc.
I guess what I'm after is a beautiful enclosure that's easy to maintain. I have already decided to put in a large diameter outlet tap so the whole enclosure can be easily washed out, I'm putting in a substantial amount of ventilation.

The biggest mistake people make with GTF's is they assume they like/need a lot of humidity (they don't.) GTF's are large and heavy so plants need to consist of bird's nests or peace lily types with big sturdy leaves to support them and nice chunky branches for them to climb on. A few terracotta pots or pieces of drainpipe provide a good hide.
2013-11-15.jpg

The biggest mistake people make with GTF's is they assume they like/need a lot of humidity (they don't.) GTF's are large and heavy so plants need to consist of bird's nests or peace lily types with big sturdy leaves to support them and nice chunky branches for them to climb on. A few terracotta pots or pieces of drainpipe provide a good hide.
View attachment 329325

Do you have to keep them outside the house or is their noise tolerable?

Latest posts

Back