Green Tree Frog not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FroogIsCool

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have had my green tree frog for around 7 months with no issues, but I recently drove to Melbourne, and told someone to come to my house and feed him. However, I was informed that he was refusing to eat, and when I arrived back in Sydney, he seemed to have lost a lot of weight, and is still refusing to eat. He is still extremely active, but it has been almost 2 weeks since he last ate. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello,
I have experienced similar problems with my frogs. How old is your frog? How and what do you feed it?
An adult green tree frog can generally go ages without food, as some of mine dont eat for two weeks at a time either and end up being perfectly fine.
Kind regards, Alex

I have the same problem. It's friday today and my frogs haven't been eating at all since I got them on tuesday. The petsmart employee said they are pretty young, and they are only the size of 3/4 of my thumb. However, they were fed on tuesday by petsmart. I only have mealworms to feed them, but they wont eat

I have the same problem. It's friday today and my frogs haven't been eating at all since I got them on tuesday. The petsmart employee said they are pretty young, and they are only the size of 3/4 of my thumb. However, they were fed on tuesday by petsmart. I only have mealworms to feed them, but they wont eat
feed them crickets... or small roaches

mealworms can cause issues due to their harder exo skeleton

They probably know they'll die if they eat it

Extremely active?

That's extremely unusual and an extreme problem for a Green Tree Frog.

I suspect he's not actually extremely active, people often say this about animals which aren't eating, when it absolutely isn't the case. I'm not sure what people actually mean when people say extremely active. Unless something is severely wrong, a Green Tree Frog shouldn't be extremely active. A common concern among inexperienced Green Tree Frog keepers who have perfectly happy, healthy frogs is that they just sit around doing nothing, which is what they're supposed to spend most of their time doing.

Back