Green tree frog question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brigo

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering is it possible to create something that sprays out water constantly when i turn it on?

I was thinking along the lines of something similar to a fish setup, how the air pump gives air and bubbles are blown in the water.

I want something that blows water like a rainbar, to create rainfall, something that can pull the water from the tank and spray out at the top, then goes around in a cycle again.

Not too sure on how to get one going, does anybody have any pics of their frog setups? especially rainbars and stuff like that.

I am also thinking, should i use a heatmat/heatpad or an aquarium heater to heat their water. I have enough water in there to run either one, just asking peoples preferences.

Last thing on my mind is, how do i create heat/humidity, i want to install a lightglobe, but i dont have any ideas to go on, since my tank is glass, only option is to drill a few holes in the glass and install a metal light cover, and have the globe inside ( the ones people use for snakes etc )

Thanks for all the help, sorry post was so long, just curious as to what people use for their setups. Please Post some pics of setups!

:)

Some of the in-tank water filters have a spray bar that extends up from the filter and sprays the water back into the tank. Aimed at the right angle, it can spray fairly well. Check out your local decent pet warehouse and see what bits come with the filters as not all have it. They do tend to loose their efficiency as the filter gets dirty, but then again, that might have something to do with how often I clean my fish tank :(

Use a strong water pump and get some hoses and fitting from bigw or target. There are garden watering kits with all the nozzles and hose you need. I use a heater in the water and keep the cover well sealed to create humidity.

i have a spray bar in one of my tanks ( fish tank type) but also if you go to bunnings you can buy a water pump and some fine sprinkle tube and make one as long as you make a continuous line around it should work fine.

So if i go to bunnings i look for a water pump and a sprinkle tube? I might head down there tommorow arvo, get everything ready.

And Adam with your heater, do you use an aquarium heater in the water? how many deg. is it? about 24-25? Also, i have a flyscreen lid ready for my tank, is that no good? because i still have the glass lids handy.

One more thing, with the lights and heating, i have a UV light for the lighting, just wondering would i need another light? like a night light? red/blue globe? can frogs see that colour light?

thanks.

yes its an aquariam heater and I use half glass/ half fly screen. The uv light is all you need. The temp is set at 28 deg.

So all i need is an aquarium heater for the water, keep my UV light, and set the water at 28 deg.

Is there any other heat i need?

One other thing, how do people feed their frogs when the bottom of their tank is all water? lol doesnt it get annoying?

Make sure that the uv light is only a 2% or 5% uvb. 10%, which is mainly for desert vivariums, is too strong for frogs.

I take out my frogs to feed them one by one. It may be a little time consuming, but i'm training the frogs to climb onto my hand when it's feeding time. This way i can check them over, make sure they've got no major scratches and i can keep an eye on how much they eat. Also, it prevents crickets from hiding in the main tank and fouling the area when they die and start rotting.

Keep in mind that tree frogs much prefer branches and tall-ish plants to sit up in. They also can't swim all that well. They'd much prefer more land than water.

Ok cool, thanks for the info, one last question, for you people that breed them as well, do you use a different tank to breed your frogs?

A tank with alot more water then land?

Sorry for all the questions, im making my own caresheet so i can follow it if i have any questions later on! lol :)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back