greentree python prices

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spotlight

Reaction score
hi guys just wondering why the green tree pythons (chondros) are dropping in price?,can anyone explain why and for how long? ive heard storied but whats the truth?

might as well throw in that the myths about them being so hard to keep have been shattered so their popularity is also on the rise.

Yes that myth kept the prices high for a considerable time, now every man and his dog has one once they found out they are just a green carpet :)

might as well throw in that the myths about them being so hard to keep have been shattered so their popularity is also on the rise.

myth busters exposed that the myth about them being hard to keep is bull, so their no longer a rich mans snake

Yes that myth kept the prices high for a considerable time, now every man and his dog has one once they found out they are just a green carpet :)

not every man:cry:, but i can see their popularity increasing more and more over the next few years, especially if prices stay around the same as this years sold for.

a myth buster exposed that myth to me a few weeks back and also said that they breed like rabbits, with large clutches..

If no one wanted them, wouldn't they have been cheap? How does increasing the demand decrease the price?

Hatchies or adults? There were 2 adults on Herp Trader recently for $9K ish each.....

a myth buster exposed that myth to me a few weeks back and also said that they breed like rabbits, with large clutches..

and customs and dec turn a blind eye to them coming in. imagine how cheap they will be when they don't have the add-on expense of international freight when they are bred here.

and customs and dec turn a blind eye to them coming in. imagine how cheap they will be when they don't have the add-on expense of international freight when they are bred here.

Um, your not quite right there. Go to New Guinea and then bring one back through the airport, and I'll see you in about 2-5! Pfft....... a blind eye indeed!

I for one are stoked the prices are dropping. I couldn't really give a rats about making money off them. I just want to breed some awesome yellow worms! Even the Roughies are getting down around $1000. Woohoo!

If no one wanted them, wouldn't they have been cheap? How does increasing the demand decrease the price?

Exactly, if demand goes up and supply remains constant, price goes up too, basic economics

sweet!il wait a couple of years b4 i get one,they should be right down by then(obviously not 2 cheap)

Over the last two years, some 2000 (yes, 2000) GTPs were smuggled into Australia, Not from PNG and not by amateurs.
Please don't ask me to substantiate this statement because I wont'. You don't have to believe it if you choose not to.

I'd have to agree Waterrat. You seem to be more in the know than I am, but the absolute numbers that are out there now is crazy. Not a lot of it hits the internet, but when you have people contacting you saying you can have as many 2.5 year olds as you want at $1000 each...there's a lot of them out there.

2000 animals ?! OMG.... i didnt realise there were that many illegal animals coming into the country.

***shock***

There could be an interesting turnaround in coming years. If the importation has been nippet in the butt as I believe it has, I wonder how many breeders will say next season "oh, I didn't bother breeding them this year, the prices are down ..." And I also wonder how many collections will get wiped out through diseases, not to mention inconveniences such as amoeba and trichomonas infestations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back