Guns N' Roses concert, who's going?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albino93

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I will be going to the one in Newcastle, gonna buy some platinum tickets first thing in the morning before they all sell out.
Im super excited!! to see them live, they are my all time favourite band. :D
So who else is going?

LOL no, just no !

We did however see Slash recently and he was nothing short of awesome.

Axl really ought to wake up and smell the 'roses'.

But he won't. There's a dollar to be made.

Last edited:
I was going, but only for ZZ Top. Would've have stayed if Guns n Roses were playing well though.

Hell no! The band has gone down hill since SLASH and Duff have left....read those 2 auto-biographies and you'll see how much of a bugga Axel is :evil:

I'm with Rob, just go see Slash :D He is WAY better than the new GN'R, although it is very tempting to just go for the opening when ZZ Top are playing. I love those guys :)

although it is very tempting to just go for the opening when ZZ Top are playing. I love those guys :)

Slash had Rose Tattoo, which for me (and I'm guessing Axl, too) was even better than ZZ Top. :)

True, all members have a gunners tattoo except Izzy....

But Slash also has a slash tattoo ;)

He also had these guys open for him in Sydney:

[video=youtube;wL4DSLd3KZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL4DSLd3KZU[/video]

I'm def going, all three bands will be awesome. I love Guns n Roses even if the other members are not there, Axl still sounds the same. I've seen the others when they were velvet revolver and they were pretty good too but i have also been to gun n roses back in 2008 and they were awesome. It will be an awesome night all way round :)

I admit Axl is way too far up himself but ive still always wanted to see him. He has the best voice, i love their songs and yes i agree the band has gone downhill since the original band members left.
Ive never really listened to ZZ top or Rose tattoo so idk if they are good or not, guess ill find out ;)
And yes i have already seen slash live with Myles kennedy at the soundwave consert and i must say it was the most awesome day of my life :D when slash comes back to Australia ill most likely be there.

I don't think Guns n Roses went down hill at all, the band broke up, the "others" didn't leave. It just took a few trial and errors before Axl found members that could play to the way he wanted. Yeah sure he may be a little up him self but if you were famous and had a lot of money who's to say you wouldn't be lol. Every musician can be like that. He is still a great artist and has talent. Albino93, if you like Guns n Roses, you will like zz top and rose tattoo :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add lol, whats the difference between Axl Rose finding new band members and AC/DC finding a new lead singer ? or the countless other bands that have switched and changed their shiz ? No different.

PS i love ac/dc :)

Yeah I reckon I'll be there. Pity Sebastian Bach won't be this time... Though zz top are a good enough replacement. I seen gunners when they came out about 5 years ago and although it would have been great to see the original line up I still walked away happy with the show. He may just be doing it to fuel his own ego these days but axl is still one of a kind...

And as for ac/dc, I love the fact that 30 years on Brian Johnson is still the new guy.Another awesome band that I never miss when they come out

AC/DC would have to be THE best show i have ever seen. Front of the pit jumping to Angus's riffs. The best show ever. I was also awesomely happy when i left the last Guns n Roses show. It's going to be awesome :)

I don't think Guns n Roses went down hill at all, the band broke up, the "others" didn't leave. It just took a few trial and errors before Axl found members that could play to the way he wanted. Yeah sure he may be a little up him self but if you were famous and had a lot of money who's to say you wouldn't be lol. Every musician can be like that. He is still a great artist and has talent. Albino93, if you like Guns n Roses, you will like zz top and rose tattoo :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add lol, whats the difference between Axl Rose finding new band members and AC/DC finding a new lead singer ? or the countless other bands that have switched and changed their shiz ? No different.

PS i love ac/dc :)

I may have worded it a little wrong, i dont think they have gone down hill at all i just thought they were at their peak/best with the original band members (slash, duff, izzy, and steven), imo they were all a perfect fit into the band, things just didnt work out tho unfortunatly. I still like the new band members, i have nothing against them and im glad that Axl has found those who can do the things that he wants. No matter how much he is up himself i still love him, and will continue to listen to his music and attend his conserts whenever he comes to Aus. No one beats Axl Rose imo. :)

AC/DC is my favourite band. Second to none. ZZ Top are my second favourite

But didn't Guns n Roses get booed off at Brisbane? Not having a dig, just wondering.

yeah something happened at the first gig, axl was drunk and told the crowd to get eft or something but i went to the second night and i think he had to make it up for the first night lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back