Hairless Rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully Carawatha has a line of blues that so far haven't had any problems although they are only at T2 stage. One of her boys was bred to a double rex of mine (supposedly blue carrier but there weren't any blue in the litter). I kept a doe from that pairing and will be putting her brother over her around Christmas time. Fingers crossed for healthy blue double rex!

Last edited:
There a couple of blues in this picture
cleanupday3.jpg

downunder baby
downunder3-1.jpg

one of the manx babies
manxbaby.jpg

Did your manx also come from DU lines? Here's my friends manx.

DSC_0134.jpg

The manx did come from downunder lines hes was a verigated I dont know if you have the same colors or not but most of my downunders are verigated and very heavily so.Your friends manx is lovely and i would be very very interested in a blue or two if and when you have a spare.
Cheers Odie

Mum was a spotty DU, Dad was a self so all the bubs were berks and DU berks. Have attached a pic of mum, you can just see that one eye is smaller than the other. I can't find a pic showing her head on unfortunately. Her mum was the DU with no eyes.

I had a gorgeous black DU berk which has gone to Carawatha to breed with, and an agouti spotty hooded DU who has gone to Mischief. Hoping toget a bub back from their litters eventually. I wish I had the time to breed everything I want to!

The Christmas litter will be between two blue carriers, so only 25% statistically speaking should be blue. I will probably end up keeping the one or two blues from that litter, but when I do the T3 breeding there should be some blues to go around. Its my favourite colour, at least I have plenty of blue mice in the meantime!

DSC_0154-2.jpg

Here's the blue carrier girl I will be breeding (SUN Autumn) and the buck she will be bred to (SUN Sunny). They are both single rex, but you can hardly tell. Hopefully the coat will improve with time. To be honest though, I'm more going for colour than coat with this litter. I'm more interested in the silk coat. I do have a silk rex, I've just mated her so I'm interested to see what happens in that litter.

Sunny
DSC_0043-3.jpg

Autumn
DSC_0337-2.jpg

does anyone have these in Victoria?

Heaps of Victorians do :)

We have some, but don't particularly like them and only keep single rexes (I suppose you would call them 'het for hairless'). Last year we made some double rexes ("hairless") ones. They were sort interesting and a bit of a novelty, but after a while we just couldn't stand them, and fed them off.

We had some single rexes (hets) do the 'patchwork' hair loss thing, but they just looked so ugly and I culled them. I can't understand their appeal, they look just like they have mange, but each to their own I suppose!

Odessa: Those blue rats are incredible! They make the whole shot look blue! :lol:

haha, cute cute cute cute cute!
i've really gotta stop looking at rats that way, i'm on the verge of getting some as pets!

I don't have hairless rats but lots of Down Unders and Agoutis some with a few white hairs on the forehead

sometimes when I find something unusual I send it over to a rat fancier friend and she is always delighted

My original rat breeding lines come from Diana Hockley of Lacock

If anyone needs something special let me know via PM and I will keep it for you

Not all my rats are snake food

Cheers
Sandee :)

Hello,
My name is Taria and I am desperately desperately after some Hairless rats, Patch work or double rex. I live in victoria and was wondering if anyone can ship for me - expenses paid of course. I'm after two females and one male - unrelated if possible. Please email: [email protected]

Thankyou =)

Do you still have semi-hairless rats? I've been looking everywhere - all over the net. I live in Victoria.

Thanks Saz. I'm looking for pets :)..If you can point me to a breeder, that would be good.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi, I was just wondering does anyone have any patchwork or double rex's. I would like some as pets if possible and I live in Victoria. I'm desperate. My email address is [email protected]. Please contact me there if you can help me. Thank you :))

awww they are so cute! i was just wondering if you sell them at all? Sorry im soo nosey :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back