Handling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio19

Reaction score
As this is still very new to me ,any feedback would be appreciated.....When getting ur snake used to being handled, should i let her just sit on 1 hand for an hr or should i move her from 1 hand to the next every 5 mins or so?

I have a very snappy little carpet, she is calming down very nicely though. I just let her run through both of my hands and forearms on her own free will while contralling her away from my face etc.
Now she huffs a little and very rarely snaps.

I let mine go were ever they wants (on me) usually happy 2 go from hand 2 hand.
But i got a new pair of 4 year old diamonds a month ago and still havn't handled the male because his 2 snappy.........lol.
I will have to take me skirt off and just get bitten i think.....

Can you post a pic of ya diamonds? sorry to get of subject! I just like to see what other people's look like.

just let the python explore you and in time it should come to be good at handerling...rusty99

Scorpio19, you'll find your python will handle you. never restrict its movement, but support it (to it your a warm tree) and let it roam where it will. sometimes the they just sit, sometimes they never stop moving. They do get used to handling, hatchlings will too, just dont over do it with a hatchling, you'll be able to tell when its had enough, it make strenuous efforts to escape, or snap at you. :)
let the snake decide how long to handle you.
have fun, welcome to the hobby and APS :D

Thanks for ur thoughts guys...its just good to know that i'm handlin her the right way.....

Playwell...I have to take some shots of them all ;
I will do it soon and post pics.

I would not hold it for an hour straight. Just 5 or 10 mins at a time and just let it get used to you.

Regards Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back