Heat lamp burn? Please help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexie13

Reaction score
image.jpegHi, can anyone help me? I just noticed these dark spots on my Childrens Python's usually pure cream underbelly, and am wondering if it could be a heat lamp cage burn. The set up has been established for over three years, but I can't think of an alternative cause? I've turned off the lamp, but she also gets between the roof and the UV housing - but she's been doing this for ages too? Thanks for reading.

Is it possible that it is something as simple as it slithering through it's excrement? Do the marks actually look sore?

Is it possible that it is something as simple as it slithering through it's excrement? Do the marks actually look sore?
That was my first thought too. When our albino's do that, they look like a paradox albino for a bit. :D

Thanks, I did wonder that too, but the marks don't look like they are topical, and the areas feel a bit dry. Perhaps I should gently dampen one and see if it comes off or lightens?

That was my first thought too. When our albino's do that, they look like a paradox albino for a bit. :D

Same. Like getting a drop of sauce on a white tshirt!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I did wonder that too, but the marks don't look like they are topical, and the areas feel a bit dry. Perhaps I should gently dampen one and see if it comes off or lightens?

The fact that they all point in one direction makes me believe it isn't a burn, more like a forward motion contact with something else that has the propensity to stain.

If your python has slithered through poop, sometimes even washing/wiping it won't get it off. You'll have to wait until it sheds.

I would be fairly confident that's not a burn.
I think it would just be natural colouration of the scales starting to come through. This can take years to become fully established in some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back