Heating Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyB

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm getting a blond mac December and I was hoping to get some advice on enclosure set up. There's so much different info out there.

The enclosure I have is 900 wide, 750high and 600deep. There is a light fitting on each side at the top. On the right side there is a small shelf and there is a bar running low across the middle for climbing.

I know I don't need a UV light, but what wattage would I need for the hot end and the cool end? And I've never really asked about the coloured lights before. What kind of bulb would be best, coloured or normal? May sound silly, but what are the coloured bulbs for?

I was wondering if it would be better having the hot end above the shelf and then I can have a hide/flat rock up there for him to heat up better? or would that get too hot?

Before all of that anyway, I'll be gettng a small click clack to put him in as he grows up and I'll be putting it inside the larger enclosure. Mainly because I have small kids and I can lock the large enclosure so he will be safe from curious little hands. What would be better, heating the large enclosure with a hot and cool end and having the click clack in the middle with a thermometer/moving it around to cool/heat, or just putting it on a thermo controlled heat mat in the middle?

Thanks
Micaela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back