Heating for BHP and Womas, Tile vs Globe

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flexxx

Reaction score
Gday, iv been thinking about redoing one of my enclosure banks. It currently houses 4 BHPs and 2 Womas.
Im going to deck them out with a more naturalistic look to it so it can become a display enclosure.

Im currently running ceramic heat emitters and was thinking to either change it to Bunning's globes or making heat tiles for them. As for lighting that's not an issue as they all already have there own led lighting.

Im over replacing globes and paying for ceramics and worrying about them when im away.
How long do cords last for heat tiles. Any dos and don'ts and what's every ones opinions.
Cheers

Hi Flexxx
Personaly i would go with heat cord as you mentioned or heat mats. You can use a light dimmer switch and or a thermostat to control temps and its cheaper to run than CHE's. How long they last ? Time will tell but im sure they will outlast a CHE or light bulb.

Cords are better, use less electricity per effective unit of heat, and unless you mechanically damage them they'll last longer than you or I will.

I had hatchling bhps tubs with a few strands of 80 watt heat chord under never had a problem but the room also housed breeding adults and there was about 300 watts of ceramic heat emitters for adults housed in cages .If someone went in the room in the daytime it was like 32 to 35 C toasty.

Latest posts

Back