Heating for coastal carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bechardie

Reaction score
I have a 4yr old carpet python which I have made an enclosure for by converting a wooden high cabinet. There is a platform at the top and I am trying to research what type of heating to sit or suspend on top of the cabinet. I have cut the top out and laid wire mesh for ventilation and heat source. I will also have it on a thermostat. I am looking at the zoo med deep dome reflectors but ive come across the repticare infrared heat projector and im not sure what to choose. Any recommendations?

Hi, inferred heat projector’s are good for snakes and long lasting so would definitely recommend them for your python. Trial and error different brands and see which meets both your and your snakes needs. Zoo med are generally a good trustworthy brand.
Cheers

we have a 7foot coastal in a 4x4x2 enclosure, she has 2 heat lamps both 75W but on different timers . There is no shelf but a couple of branches to choose from. Infra red are not really a good choice even though some people say they cannot see red, but they can. We use the Philips spot lamps, much better value. Why pay $40 at the pet shop- when you can get the same result for $5 at the hardware store
BTW cutting the top out and putting mesh you are allowing all the heat to escape, you should have put vents in the side instead

Attachments

• 20230315_142230.jpg
    20230315_142230.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back