Heating Lamp Recommendations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X_Belle_X

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I’ve been using a reptile one heating lamp bulb and it just blew (only 3 weeks of having it). After reading reviews apparently this is super common with all reptile one bulbs. Does anyone have any recommendations for good heat lamp bulbs? I use a heat mat as well of course but would like the heat lamp as the enclosure is very large.
Thank you 🥰

halogen.jpg

G'day,

I use these for heat and day light, also from Bunnings - $2.50, they come in a few different wattages. Halogen. My snakes bask under them often.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/philips-60w-es-r80-clear-floodlight-reflector-globe_p4324296 - might save you a few $ for longer performance- had mine for 4 months now still gets to 40+ on a warmer day

why are you using 2 heat sources??
Thanks for the help 😊 i use a heat mat under the hide and a heat lamp during the day for basking. The enclosure is very large for an adult Murray Darling Python so I like to give him the option of basking as well as warmth in his hide 😊

Latest posts

Back