Hello and a question!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparklysharkly

Reaction score
Hello all, am brand new to reptile keeping and have my first snake! He's a stimson's, about 12 weeks old give or take, which actually brings me to a question.
1645456218653.png

The little dude is about ready for his shed, and has been getting darker but has not shown any signs of actually starting to process other than that. It's a little stressful as he's refusing to eat and has been outright rejecting food of two different sizes for about 5 weeks now, and I'm getting to the point of being rather worried! He wasn't a fantastic eater to begin with and had a habit of eating his meals backwards, but even trying a larger-sized mouse than pinkie's he's still not eating but is still highly active.

Should I be concerned? Or is this just normal baby snake behaviour? Google is giving me mixed results!

Hello, any updates on your snake? I hope he is okay.

he is doing much better now thank you! He turned out to have ust been having a stressful first shed and ate at about 6 weeks!
That's good news. Wow, 6 weeks must have been stressful on your part as well?:)
Thanks for the reply, and keep us posted.

My 19mth old childreni was fantastic eater, never missed a meal, would eat literally anywhere. Then suddenly 7 weeks ago went off food.... after 6 weeks I started to get a little worried, but then he finally ate again. Nothing changed for mine other than weather got a bit cooler? Maybe also being a male he might of started looking for a girl for awhile and got pre occupied with that? Whatever the reason just goes to show how versatile these creatures are, to be able to go long periods without food no worries, wish we could do that!

They certainly are changeable, I have a Pygmy banded python who ate well for the first 2 years but since last winter has only eaten twice and is constantly shedding, at least monthly and not in 1 piece like before. I have to mist her quite often and sometimes put her in the snake sauna to help shed

Back