Hello from new diamond python keepers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drescray

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

My daughter (9 years old) has always loved animals and currently wants to be a zoologist. She became snake obsessed a year ago. After doing some research and speaking to people we recently got a half-year-old female diamond python, which my daughter has named "Milku".

We live in this python's natural climate and geography, so the plan is to keep her inside while she's little, and eventually move her to an outdoor enclosure after a year or two.

Attachments

• milku.png
    milku.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Hello and welcome. What area of AU you are in?

She is interested in animals in general, but snakes were the animal that she really focused on and got interested in keeping (although when she was younger she was sad to discover that it wouldn't be feasible to keep a sloth!). We do enjoy seeing leaf-tailed geckos, skinks, water dragons and lace monitors either near the house or in the nearby bush. :)

It's great that she has your support. Are you open to adding another snake?

A late reply! I think we might be open to adding another snake with time.... but not for now. We'll just get used to the one snake first.

So far, Milku is eating well, has shed (cleanly) once, and seems comfortable. đź‘Ť

A late reply! I think we might be open to adding another snake with time.... but not for now. We'll just get used to the one snake first.

So far, Milku is eating well, has shed (cleanly) once, and seems comfortable. đź‘Ť
Great, but only when you're absolutely ready, right? Wow, Milku must be a bit bigger now.

Latest posts

Back