HELP: dead thicktail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ally_pup

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I woke up this morning noticed one of my thicktails had shed so open up their enclosure to take a look. Lifted one of the hides female sleeping soundly lifted the other hide to find the other female under there fine but the male was lifeless.
Picked him up and he was dead.
I dont know what to do if I should take out the females and quarentine them in another enclosure or what.
He has been fine and I check on them every day. It is getting very hot up here so I have had no heat on them and all are eating fine.
When I did pick him up and looked at his belly he had green underneath and his head on the broad part of his head looked sunken in.

Can someone please help what I should do.
Ally

Animals get sick and die of various things just like humans do.
If they have been living together and it's something contagious, your other ones probably have it.
IMO the likely scenario is that it was something else that might be tricky to pinpoint and as long as the living conditions are optimun and healthy...your other ones should be fine.
IMO of course.

I just checked underneath one of my girls and she has the green under her too, Its internal.
Can anyone help what this could be?
Ally

I havn't kept thicktails Ally but is it possible they aren't warm enough so can't digest their food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back