Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys not good when they don't feed i have a 6 week old coastal that is a fussy little bugger.He had his 1st feed before i got him but then wouldn't eat for about 3 weeks.I tried everything and finally found that the only thing that worked was scenting the pinkies frozen or live with day old chicks. He is feeding like a champ now but still likes the chick scent but aslong as he is eating.All you need to do is keep a frozen chick in the freezer and all you do is roll the thawed or live pinkie over the chick and watch them strike.You can also try letting them smell the chick through a container,so they can't strike at the chick just before offering the chick scented pinkie.It might not work for you but it worked a treat on my bloke cause all snakes are different.its worth a try.You should only have to do this for a couple of months and then he should be feeding without the chick scent no problem.

Okay...who moved this topic from the herp help forum??????
I think some one is getting a little over zealous in their moderating.
There is very little actual moderating needed on these forums.This topic is clearly about needing help feeding a snake but some person saw fit to move it.
Come on...who was it?
Can you see who did it SJ?

greebo

Greebo, you're a nut! :eek:

SJ, I think we should make Greebs a Sysadmin with FULL rights to everything. That way he could delete anything he didn't like and move whatever he likes to wherever he likes - it'd be worth it! :wink:

Alright,alright.
I know it's not a big deal.
Give me one good reason why this post was moved and you will hear no more from me about it.

Greebs

Heh! Got to ya! :eek:

Seriously though, I can't see where this was moved! It IS in Herp Help - or is that your twisted humour again :?: 8)

Greebo..you are a moron and a fool.
Can't you see that this post has been moved to the herp help section from the aussie snakes forum,,,you mental defective!

mental note:in future do not post when hungover.This may grately reduce the number of posts I make.

You could try feeding a live pinkie then as its (snake) is closing up on the tail put the thawed pinkie ( I have found out by putting the frozen pinkie in a cup of hot tap water for about 10 minutes does the job microwaving has a tendency of cooking the mouse) in right behind the live pinkie.
Do this a couple of times, if it is a young snake try a small lizard first then the thawed pinkie.
You should be able to squeeze the pinkie in the snakes mouth as it is about half way through the lizard.

It is just a helpful suggestion that has worked for me.
As anyone will suggest get them onto thawed mice as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back