Help identify Henry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Reptiles

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, you might remember me from the first post "first snake, need help" post just wanna say thanks so much for all the help that's really helped me make some decisions.

I would really appreciate it if yous could help identify, my buddy Henry.

[
GALLERY=media, 532]Henry outside by K-Reptiles posted Jul 24, 2019 at 8:22 AM[/GALLERY]
[doublepost=1564008376,1564008209][/doublepost]

Henry's a Carpet Python. He/she also looks to be a little thin for a snake that size, so once you've got him/her settled get a good feed into him/her. I read your previous thread and the enclosure looks fine. If you want to know more about how to set up an enclosure and husbandry for him/her just Google Carpet Python Care Sheets. Any other queries just get back on here. Best of luck with your new acquisition.

Henry's a Carpet Python. He/she also looks to be a little thin for a snake that size, so once you've got him/her settled get a good feed into him/her. I read your previous thread and the enclosure looks fine. If you want to know more about how to set up an enclosure and husbandry for him/her just Google Carpet Python Care Sheets. Any other queries just get back on here. Best of luck with your new acquisition.

Thanks for the reply dude

Is there any way to tell the difference between the carpet Python ( I mean Henry's Clearly not a jungle) would I have to take him to Somones who knows.

You said he looks a little thin how much should I feed him

My jungle python is about the same size and she gets fed a large rat every 4/6 weeks. Sometimes I leave her a little longer if I think she is coming up to a shed.
If I were you I would invest in a long pair of feeding tongs...... she/he looks a bit thin as has already been stated..... I dare say she/he will be keen and smash it.
Try to find a local rat breeder as in my experience pet shops will rip you off.

Thanks for the reply dude

Is there any way to tell the difference between the carpet Python ( I mean Henry's Clearly not a jungle) would I have to take him to Somones who knows.

You said he looks a little thin how much should I feed him

Jungle Pythons, Murray Darlings etc, etc are all part of the Carpet Python (Morelia spilota) complex. Without knowing it's heritage you'll never know and more than likely it is a mix of two or more. You'll get people that will tell you that it looks like this crossed with that but in all honesty they would only be guessing. With the exception of Diamond Pythons (Morelia spilota sp) the husbandry for all other members of the complex is identical so all you have to do is follow the guide lines outlined in a care sheet for Carpet Pythons.

Just feed him a good sized rat on a regular basis (7-10) days until he puts a little bit of weight on (you'll tell this as the backbone becomes less visible) and then back off to once a month. It will probably take a number of weeks to a couple of months for it to build up some bulk. Don't forget it will need heat to raise its body temperature and encourage it to eat and then digest the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back