Help! My blue tounge is badly injuried...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clazza123

Reaction score
So I'm 38 weeks pregnant and in early labour so stuck on bed rest.. Also live 1 hour to the closet vet. Was hoping you guys could help me. Partner was cleaning his tank/cage when a log dropped on him. He has since been sorta curled up with his head over his back. He seems to be in so much pain. He is drinking and eating a little bit but is laying curled up. Any one have any idea what to do???
[doublepost=1546427945,1546427499][/doublepost]Here is a photo

image.jpg
[doublepost=1546428176][/doublepost]Please if anyone can tell me how I can help him would be really good. Any advice. I’m currently thinking that putting him out of his misery would be the best option...

Sorry to hear your BF is such a clutz.I'd wait till the morning just on the off chance,if no better then do the humane thing and freeze him. I know it's not what you want but you don't want him to suffer

I don't think I'd be freezing him , if he needs be euphanized , this is best done by a vet. Freezing a reptile while still alive is very painful to them.

There is a chance he's broken his back , xrays are in order if he's still alive tomorrow. He may just be bruised. I'd not be so quick to write him off and would be arranging to have someone you know and has a car take him to vet if you can't , and your husband can't / wont leave you at home to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back