Help- Olive Python has scabs over nostrils

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mharr

Reaction score
Hi there,
My snake has had a habit of rubbing her face on her cage. She has stopped doing it but I’ve noticed that her scabs have covered her nostrils completely!
What can I do? What’s normal? Will this stop her from eating?
Will this harm her in any way?

well its not a sign that its thriving is it?
I would get a better enclosure, one that when it behaves normally doesn't rip its face off.

Hi there,
My snake has had a habit of rubbing her face on her cage. She has stopped doing it but I’ve noticed that her scabs have covered her nostrils completely!
What can I do? What’s normal? Will this stop her from eating?
Will this harm her in any way?

I'm just a beginner myself - so I haven't got any wisdom to input, however I do have a few questions if you don't mind (and answers to these may help more experienced members to help better).

How long have you had the snake?

How long has she been in that particular enclosure?

When did the rubbing of the nose begin? Did anything change prior to that and when she started? (ie, new enclosure, or new snake, etc)?

How long was she rubbing before she stopped? Did you change anything between when it started and stopped, or did she just stop?

What is her history of feeding? Has she fed fine prior to rubbing, or even whilst rubbing?

How big is she?

What size is her enclosure?

What type of enclosure do you have? What is she rubbing her nose on that's causing her to have scabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back