help please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beama

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have 6 lawson dragons, 3 of which appear to be hibernating. They have dug themselves into little holes and have been sleeping for a few weeks now, the temp hasnt changed in their tank ranging from 38 down to 26. My question is should i be waking them to eat or give them baths so they get some fluid still? I continue each day to put in vegies and crickets every few days which i then have to get out as they dont bother to eat anything. They are about 9 months old now. All a good size. Any tips or suggestions would be great

Cheers

Leave them be they know what there doing only get worried if they start to smell. Make sure they have water in enclosure.

Continue to provide fresh water but no food for that are brumating (= sleeping) untill they become active again. As reptiles can repsond to short term temperatures changes over winter, like coming out and basking on a sunny day, their winter torpor is not true hibernation, where the body metabolism is internally controlled and dropped and kept low for the entire cold period. That is why in reptiles it is now called brumation.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back