HELP! SPOTTED PYTHON ACTING INDIFFERENT TO FOOD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightfairy

Reaction score
I have read the pinned topic regarding snakes that aren't feeding, but I'm curious if any Antaresia owners have any specific comments about this. My male spotted python, who is 4 years old, has always been a very eager and willing feeder who loves to eat throughout the year, then all of a sudden, things changed. Despite appearing quite active throughout the day by crawling around in his enclosure, he is not feeding at all. He most definitely reacts when I open the tank to feed him, but he quickly retreats into one of his caves because it doesn't really interest him. Because he was so eager to eat, he used to get restless and even aggressive before he ever caught a glance of me through the glass, but now I frequently find myself having to remove mice that haven't been eaten after leaving them in the tank overnight.

He's obviously not shedding, and pacing around the enclosure, almost as if seeking for food, makes me doubt that he's trying to brumate. I live in Canada and it's November, so it's winter right now. We just had our first snowfall, but there are no chilly draughts in my home, and honestly, my room is never cold—always it's a little hot and dry. Additionally, when I was a brand-new owner, I occasionally left the window open on a chilly night, and he never exhibited this behaviour. Any advice? It's been a few weeks since he's eaten anything...

Green urates? I see tiny specs of this green stuff. He hasn't eaten still... 1670022292507.png

Latest posts

Back