Help with Beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannidah

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a glass tank for my beardies which I am still in the process of setting up. Does the glass tank need to be insulated, or will it be ok as long as I have the thermostat set up on the heat lamp, I couldn't handle being responsible for the death of a lizard

Hi there

My beardy is in a 3 ft x 2ft enclosure all glass with custom timber lid, she is fine, I run a 100w heat globe + UV and she is very comfortable in it :)

...I'm sure if you wait some experts will come on and tell you what to do ...perhaps leave it be and hope for the best ;) ..heres my weird opinion ..glass really isn't ideal for a beardy, melamine is probably your best bet ;) but i may be totally wrong??

Glass tanks are fine for most lizards. Also ditch the thermostat, just use a reflector bulb from the supermarket that heats the baskin spot to about 40c. You dont want to use a huge bulb and then have your thermostat fail as could result in an overheated animal. It also allows for a bit of natural temp fluctuation which is benificial

I've heard melamine would ideally be better, as the heat won't escape thru the glass but I guess I can insulate the sides

If using a glass tank cover 3 sides. And as for the rest as Hornet said.

no need to insulate, as i said glass is fine, they dont need high ambient temeratures, just a hot basking spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back