Help with children’s python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sim1234

Reaction score
Hi could anyone tell me what is wrong with my children’s python her side of the mouth looks swollen

Attachments

• AD5E5465-A45B-4208-9A0D-5844AAC519FF.jpeg
    AD5E5465-A45B-4208-9A0D-5844AAC519FF.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 16
Hi Sim1234
Its impossible to tell from that pic , need more info about the snake and the environment it is kept in ?

Hi it’s kept in a glass enclosure with a heat mat I feed it fresh chicken breast and raw steak

Thats not enough info. What about temps and humidity ? what substrate if any ? How long has it been swollen ? Has it gone off feeding or any other change in behavior ? Has it possibly injured its self recently ? Do you feed it anyting else ?

I use wood chips temp in baking side is 33 degrees cool side is 26 degrees she doesn’t move around the enclosure as much and only comes out one a night from her hide she hasn’t been injured she still eats but she only half shed this time and that was around 2weeks ago

Is there any chance she got a small piece or woodchip stuck in her mouth while eating ? If you suspect it is infected , you should take her to a vet. Chicken breast and raw steak may be ok occasionally , but i doubt it would provide all the nutrients she needs. My carpets diets consist of about 80% rats , with the occasional quail , rabbit or raw chicken pieces for variety. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back