Help with faulty reptile one S2M enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auguriim

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place. So I recently got an s2m 1266 melamine enclosure for one of my blue tongues, first it did not come with any parts, the place I ordered it from were nice and sent the missing parts. It was going fine but those locking screws were crap and literally crumbled like biscuits when I try to twist them so the tank is just sitting in the dining room only held together with aquarium silicone.
My idea originally was to get some screws and drill more nails into it, but now I’m thinking if Gorilla glue can be used instead?

Also yes I have just now realised you can buy locking screws but I think siliconing the broken ones in a desperate attempt to salvage them will be a pain the remove so there’s that unless someone has advice on removing those?.

Hi Auguriim, I purchased two of those enclosures a couple of years ago as I didn't have the time to build my own. Straight away I had the same issues...the base wasn't pulling together tight, I was losing all of my sand substrate, the roof wanted to fall in and open up giving me 5mm gaps along some of the edges.
I found the best solution for myself without drilling screw holes that you would see all over the outside, was to get some 20x20x3mm aluminium angle, drill a heap of holes along both faces of the angle and silicone aswell as screw the angle along all of the joining edges along the outside of the enclosure. Not only did it strengthen the enclosure and joins but also helped seal the bottom and top.
I hope my explanation helps.

Latest posts

Back