Help with skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kankryb

Reaction score
My mate in Adelaide found this in his garden wall but never seen it before and asked me🤣 in Denmark 🇩🇰. My guess is a fence skink, anybody knows?

Attachments

• _20220223_105147.JPG
    _20220223_105147.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220221_102152.jpg
    20220221_102152.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 10
Thanks 👍 I used this to look for answers

Attachments

• DSC_0590.JPG
    DSC_0590.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 3
That is correct - general body shape, dorsal patterning with the pale stripes, dorsolaterally flattened head and body, plus slightly bulging eyes lacking eyelids. They are also commonly referred to as “snake-eyed skinks”, and sometimes “wall skinks”. The species would be Cryptoblepharus pannosus, as this is the only one that is recorded from Adelaide itself, and the photo matches its description . It has been given the common name of “Ragged snake-eyed skink”. Just for interest, the genus name of ‘crypto – blepharus’ means ‘hidden eyelid’. The eye is covered by a transparent, immoveable scale, similar to what occurs in snakes.

Apologies that this reply is so long after the original post. I have had very little access to the forum over the past year or so due to computer problems combined with personal circumstances.

Back