Help With Very Strange Jacky Dragon Behaviour!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

childreni_440

Reaction score
I have two jacky dragons and over the past few days they have been going mad. They have been splashing thier water all over thier enclosure and filling the water bowl partialy with sand. They have generally been hypoactive.

Please any ideas on what thier up to???

Thanks Rhys

sounds like they have already mated and are preparing the cage to lay...........both my gravid females do the exact same thing, one of them is covered in sand atm.

do you have pics of the jackys? you put some up ages ago but it was hard to see, and updated photos?

SW

I have no recent pics but i will get some. I have a bit of a description for you though. one ( the smaller one ) has more a pointy head and the other a more broad head. can they stay together to lay the eggs? some more info would be great eg what to look for etc. Thanks

sounds like you have a pair there, they can stay together to lay the eggs, but a few days after she has laid he will try and mount her again. if she isn't in the condition to lay again then you will need to seperate, plus you may not want to breed her again so soon after laying, i took my females out after their first clutch and fed them up a bit.

just pm if you need more help and i will try my best to answer your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back