hermit crab care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, would a 30cm(roughly) cube be big enough (if i gave it another level) to happily house hermit crabs?

chees,
will

That will no be big enough. What's the length and width of the tank?

A good tank to start with would be a 2ft or 3 ft. Just like fish, the bigger the tank, the easier it is!

That will provide enough room pools and bits and pieces while still allowing the crab to move about.

Is there a reason why you can't get a bigger tank? If it's money maybe getting hermit crabs isn't for you? To get the most out of your crabs and well setup tank will be good.

If you do get some, 90% of the time they will walk around for a day or 2 and then go underground...so you just have to wait.

Have a look around at garage sales and and on ebay for cheap prices. My hermit crab tank was setup for under $50 because I looked around for bargains.

Daniel

A very good site about the diet of hermit crabs. Hermit crabs need protein most!

Daniel

ok so look around for bargains, and a 2/3 foot tank is good? ok got it,

cheers,
Will

If you put the tank on the side it would be good. A second layer will be good to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back