Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhalling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Wow this sudden cold snap in Brisbane has made finding anything decent to look at Herp wise, even the Aussie Pythons at the Australia Zoo have gone into hiding except for 1 amazing looking Water Python and a huge Coastal about 3m, checked out a few likely looking places around Beerwah and Beerburrum and all we seen was EWD,s and a few unidentified Skinks that were too quick for this old bloke to try to get a photo. We are staying in Wynnum till Friday, any suggestions to where we might find some interesting wild Reps ??? except the multitude of AHG,s around the house barking all night lol :) ......................Ron

Try finding some where with lots of wood or stone to flip. You should still see S. swaini at this temperature at Lamington National Park.

Go up to Springbrook if the lungs are up to some hard work mate, another good spot is daisy hill or Brisbane state Forrest but all require some walking and a little fitness.

Thanks guys, but after yesterday the fitness level is zero and the lung capacity is somewhere between that of a corpse and a premature baby, I might just sit back today and soak up a few Brissy rays and watch the parade of AHG's, lol who knows what might come walking, slithering or hopping past. I will say though i was amazed at the size of the EWD's here in QLD, i seen some huge ones yesterday that could have been doubles in a Japanese monster movie, don't see them that big in Port Macquarie. :) ............................Ron

The quarry in wynnum is ok, as is daisy hill

I went for a mid arvo run through Whites Hill yesterday and came across a nice GTS and about a km later a legless lizard. Wish I had been carrying my phone as I have never come across a legless lizard before.

Ron if you would like to see some EWD's without having to move there is a little park on the south side of Brisbane in a place called Springwood. It is on Cinderella drive and if you sit on the lunch table to the far left as you look in from the road next to a small creek around lunch time you will be invaded by at least 20 EWD's looking for a free feed.

Thanks m8, i am back home now but was quite surprised at the lack of Reps i seen around Brissy, but i suppose the sudden cold snap could have been the reason, have to go back in spring or summer next time i suppose, :( ..................................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back