herping in the St George area

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all it's Christian from Andersen's Snake Rescue just thought i'd let you all know that i have been rather busy lately catching eastern browns and red bellies,and one red belly in particular.It was on mon afternoon when i set out on my way to the in laws (half an hour's drive) to have a game of cricket just as i was approaching their road my mobile rang.I thought to myself you've got to be kidding me but i took the call,it turned out the sheila on the other end was telling me they had a red belly in their gutter.I imagined it to be a standard house not raised but when i got there that's exactly what it turned out to be a 2 storey house and they expected me to go up there and catch it so to cut a long story short i ended up there and caught it 4 and a half foot.As the subject's name suggests i'm planning a herping trip to st george in jan some time,hoping to find mulgas and gidgee skinks and a whole lot more especially the woma python that is going to be a great experience i will never forget will send pics if anyone has questions i will be happy to answer them if i can til next time happy herping.

Have a good time Christian, I was out that way in the 70s and saw quite a bit. Take your camera.

If you get a chance, head a little east and do the Glenmorgan - Meandarra rd at night. A real hotspot for Devis's Banded snakes and about the only place you'll see them. A great night run in St george - Surat - Tara - Westmar - St George. Takes about 6-8 hours but you'll see every night thing that area has to offer.

Seen shinglebacks,beardies(barbata with red head and legs)blue tongues and spotted blacks around there, and that was in winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back