Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scorps

Hey guys,

On a holiday in Ballina over the Xmas brake and am wondering if anyone knows any spots for herping around here.

Ive found wild scrubbys, jungles, bhp's, waters, olives, Womas etc in my herping time but I just realized I'm yet to find a python in nsw yet so would like to tick that off lol

Dont need advice like drive down roads lol as that will deffiantly be happening, more after spots worth looking.

Am deffiantly not interested in poaching coastals so your secret spots are safe with me ;)

Scorps

Was thinking about that, have you climbed the mountain?

- - - Updated - - -

Was thinking about that, have you climbed the mountain?

Hey guys,

On a holiday in Ballina over the Xmas brake and am wondering if anyone knows any spots for herping around here.

Ive found wild scrubbys, jungles, bhp's, waters, olives, Womas etc in my herping time but I just realized I'm yet to find a python in nsw yet so would like to tick that off lol

Dont need advice like drive down roads lol as that will deffiantly be happening, more after spots worth looking.

Am deffiantly not interested in poaching coastals so your secret spots are safe with me ;)

Scorps

G'day Scorps,
We just got back from Brunswick Heads, just North of Ballina. On other trips there we have met a character named 'George the Snakeman'. I remember talking to him a couple of years ago about snakes in the far north coast area. He told us about Eastern Browns being very prevalent in the rocky areas and sand dunes around the water. Sure enough he had a couple in his car that he'd just picked up from right near us, next to the beach! In the bushy area just over the inlet from Bruns at 'Harry's Hill' we saw an Eastern Brown just sitting on the leaves under the trees. Over the years I have also seen many pythons in that bushy area. I would suggest talking to George when you are there and getting the expert local knowledge from him.

It's a good walk but night driving it you see a few things. George Ellis is no snake expert.... Not with those boots, attitude....maybe George the snake hitter is appropriate

I've climbed the mountain a couple of times, it's a great climb. I also used to own property at the western foothills of Mt Warning. Plenty of snakes, plenty of large pythons.
Just go the beach at Ballina, plenty of EB's there. Pythons are more in the hills and scrub or around farms.

I have even located a large Eastern tiger snake at my property. biggest tiger I have seen.

At lismore we've got mates with pythons gts and browns down the back. I saw a nice blue phase at home few weeks ago. we've got plenty of bush here

Just went for a small herp, found a nice 4footer :)

Pics to come

Just for a drive around the smaller towns west of ballina, took random back roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back