Herping NT and WA through August and September

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

naivepom

Not so new Member
Reaction score
A request for local knowledge or help locating any reptiles in NT or WA between August and September. My girlfriend and myself are going on a roadtrip and, though its probably the worst possible time of year, I am hopeful of seeing and photographing a few new species. Is there anyone on here that lives or has a lot of experience in these states and can give me a few pointers of places to go, or better yet, come out with us one day/evening for some local-guided herping? Any help much appreciated.

Also, a few recent piccies as I cant resist...

Attachments

• Frilly1.jpg
    Frilly1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 60
  • Pchampionae.jpg
    Pchampionae.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Burtons (3).jpg
    Burtons (3).jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Scrubby.jpg
    Scrubby.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DelmaT.jpg
    DelmaT.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 66
Hey Kris, i just put up some W.A. shots....good luck though its freezing and herps are well and truly underground

Well you won't find any scrub pythons out our way.

I don't know much about gecks. The frillies you can find in just about any park or open woodlands around the norther parts of the NT. Best time to find them is when it rains, they literally come dropping out of the trees. There aren't as many as there were pre-toad but they are still around. Burtons you can find road herping at night, just make sure you drive really slow along the edge of the road cause you hardly ever notice them until it's too late. The Delmas are very hard to find when you are looking for them, they usually turn up when people are gardening. They like the leaf litter and all that jazz, it would be unlikely for you to find any without sinking pit traps in scrub areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back