Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Notaden is funny, eyes look like they are popping out. :p

How do you photograph the snakes they turn out much better than my snake pics?

Nice pics mate, you have some great variety in there....

No not rely, it was photographed very earley in the morning.... but it very soon got sick of us
How was the Boyd's to photograph, did it keep shifting around the tree trunk?
Great pics.

By the Dog face i assume you mean the bockadam (rynchops) yes it a wild snake along with every outher animal i have posted, yes it is an Australian snake it was found in the NT.
that dogface looks wild what a weird yet cool looking snake,
this is australian?

Amazing pic..thankyou for sharing them with us all.most of the latin names have me a bit stumped,but gives me something to do later.i love the Boyds dragon,would like to keep one myself.and of course all the little geckoes,so cute.

Suppriseingly the Amyae was one of the big highlights for me last year herping wise. great little gecko species will hopefully be getting some soon.. next time i'll put common and latin names up so everyone knows what they are.

Shane

Amazing pic..thankyou for sharing them with us all.most of the latin names have me a bit stumped,but gives me something to do later.i love the Boyds dragon,would like to keep one myself.and of course all the little geckoes,so cute.

Aww, it's a wild beardie!! :D :D How cool! Oh man, I wish I was living in Australia, such an awesome country!
Love all your pics! Great herping day you had there! Keep it up! ;)

P.S.: I would love to have some of that red sand/mud? for my beardie :(

Great photos, Shane. Whereabouts did you come across this beauty and what would (assume)her diameter be?

Heres some of my photos ive taken from last year, from around QLD and NT
Dendrelaphis punctulata - Oldest Green tree snake and largest i have come accross.
GTS.jpg

Shane

cheers,
undara NP if I remember correctley it's length was around 1.5M it was a beatiful animal shame it probley died soon after I took these photos.

Great photos, Shane. Whereabouts did you come across this beauty and what would (assume)her diameter be?

cheers,
undara NP if I remember correctley it's length was around 1.5M it was a beatiful animal shame it probley died soon after I took these photos.

What makes you think it would die soon? Just its size, and hence its age?

I'm more interested in its diameter than the length. What would you estimate that to be? I have a large tree snake that's the biggest I've come across and I'm trying to gauge how close she is to 'full' size.

To be honost I can't rely remember mabye as round as a 20c peice. When I found the snake it was on it's way out it could bearley move the back half of it's body did not try and get away form me at all, shame nice snake tho.

Cracka photos,
What gear are you using? Esp for the amyae pic.
Thanks for the share.

Cheers, Nikon D90, with a tamron 90mm f2.8 macro lense for the amyae and most of the outher pictures as well, but I mosly use a 18-55mm lense.
Cracka photos,What gear are you using? Esp for the amyae pic.Thanks for the share.

Cheers. You must have been quite close still. How were your flash/es set up.
I've just bought a nice camera and an awesome macro but am very amateur, so am appreciative of any tips.

Thanks
JD

Cheers, Nikon D90, with a tamron 90mm f2.8 macro lense for the amyae and most of the outher pictures as well, but I mosly use a 18-55mm lense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back