herping trip in the Mallee

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzRocks

Reaction score
G'day guys,

Im planning a trip to the Mallee in about 8 weeks for about a week, and I want to make it a reall herping trip. I have a fair good idea where i wanna go, like the big desert, but I'm not to familiar with the region. I was wanting to know if anyone knew any good spots around that area that would have a good density of reptiles. Now i know its not the best time of year, but it's the only time I can really get there in the year and from what Ive read it usually holds a good amount of herps pretty much all year round.....anyway I'm also driving from Melbourne so anywhere along the way would be great aswell.

Thanks alot, Cheers......Matt

G'day Matt,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only thing you're going to catch in the mallee in July is a cold. Best leave it till October mate. Any of the spots up there are productive, especially if you're keen on small lizards, predominantly dragons and skinks. At night, there are several species of gecko active, including the elusive Jewelled Gecko.

Take care,

Jonno

Oh Bugger......Oh well

Thanks mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back