hey just like to show off my python and his/her new enclosure i just finished build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steptoe1111

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys just like to show off my cape york python
And his/her new enclosure i just finished building, and also ask for tips on how to keep the marine carpet clean and oder free for my baby, so far im soaking it in a bit of bleach in the tub then rinsing well and drying, "seems to work" ,he or she is about 3years old give or take 6 months and a shy over 6 feet long (still growing fast) was nippy when younger but has become an absolute gem,,,, very trustworthy and calm nature
anyway the box ruffly 6ft L x 2ft W x 3ft H 25mm laminated ply im useing two thermostats and a timmer for night and day 1x 150 watt ceramic heater spare 100 watt heatglobe on switch for back up and 60 watt night time globe, i find all this is very ample for provideing corect temp night and day here's a photo : its winter at the moment so i normally keep a few blankets on top to keep the heat in
P9200206.jpg

all this cost me ruffly $200 dollors the wood was from an ex ofice entertainment unit bought of ebay and cut down, incudeing everything glass cut to size, lamps and thermostats, home made cage's for the lamps from chicken wire and a few rivetts and cable ties, but mainly just showing of my baby in its new home done for minimal cost and hopefully it will give a few other people some ideas and reffernce P.S im still going to add some shelving to maximise floor space
i think i might of mentiond in a earlyer post ill stick a photo of my pets new home up,, well here it is.... im open to any coments or segustions as i can only learn from it!!!!! cheers everyone hope you all have a great day steptoe1111 :D

Very nice Cape york, shes a biggie I think, those holes at top are vents, is that enough though?

still in the process im hunting down some vent panels have to remember next time im at bunnings, at the moment ive have just a few holes driled low on the cool side and high on the hot side too create a bit off air flow trial and error on that one so far ... its ruffly 50% humidity give or takea bit in melbourn at the moment same in his/her box during daylight hours it increases to about 60-70%at night

thanks guys :) do you recon she is a she, i hope she is from what ive read her temperament and size seems to be (she is my first) i dont want to probe or anything i wouldent want to cause her any harm , im not going to breed or anything so it realy dosent matter, but would be nice know, if you can tell from photo??? "All my pets are fed well" ,"IM GLADE TO HERE SHE IS A BIGGIE" ,maybe this wont be my last box aftre all :)
"crap but bloody awsome" :)
thanks fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back