hey there

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I never really made a formal introduction, so here goes:

I'm Gaara, real name is Matt - Turning 21 on new years eve...Umm, I like reptiles obviously - I keep 4 axolotls, a morphed axolotl and now a blonde mac :D Look forward to getting to know you guys and all that stuff :p

hey Matt,
Thats gonna be one hell of a new years party then, what are your plans? Did you morph the axolotl yourself? I would be interested to know how its done.
oh and welcome to the site lol.
jordo

lol i have no plans, everyone's busy doing their own parties n stuff. The morph was "rescued" from someone that forced it to morph - I know the process but I don't believe in it as I firmly believe it's cruel.

Welcome to the site Matt.

What is a morph axolotl?

IsK

Thanks Isk - Morphed axolotls are axolotls that have metamorphisised their bodies to adapt to land living. They are no longer aquatic, they become terrestrial. They have skin like a frog, and a body shape similar to a lizard - though for all intents and purposes their closest genetic relative is the Tiger Salamander. They breath air with lungs and no longer have gills :p

Wow sounds interesting, god I bet it's cruel watever they do to get that to happen lol. Oh welcome as well lol

I have read they can be morphed using hormones or by gradually reducing their water level.

lol hey Allana. Yeah, it's cruel.

Reducing the water level isn't conclusive. If anything, it's even worse, as the axolotl is subjected to suffocation due to reduced oxygen. It'd be similar to me pushing you off a cliff everyday until you grew wings.

They are hard to care for, as not a lot of research has been undertaken into their husbandry, and nor should it. I hope that the demand for them dies and the practice is stopped - It's a shame because teenagers and young kids see them and think they're cool because they're quite exotic but really don't have a clue on how to look after them :S I'll get some decent pics of him this week to show you guys if you'd like?

catch 22, because by taking him in I just raised the demand. If you know of someone with one who neglects or doesnt want their morph anymore by all means adopt it; just don't buy them from pet stores or breeders >_<

Welcolm Gaara,
Very interesting on the morphed axolotl would be interested in seeing some pics when you get the chance

And redline, whats wrong with RUNNING AROUND IN DARKENED ROOMS, MUNCHING MAGIC PILLS mann

yep, boss has me working late tonight but will try to get some pics when i get the chance >_<

is that it in your avatar?? poor bugger glad to see your taking care of it good work.

oh and welcome:)

hi gaara or matt i hope you have a great bday sucks that its so close to xmas my bday is 27 of dec man and i have to work big 30 that sucks anyway have fun.

lol yeah all the fun for people like us is at the back end of the year - its a pain I know allll to well. I just pretend everyone on new years eve is partying for me lol >.>

@ Pythonlover - yeah thats my morph in my avatar - he's living quite well at the moment but he's a mopey sorta animal, which is understandable :S

Hey there... poor morphed axolotal...Some people just dont think when they do things.!!!.... good on ya for looking after it though :)...... should find out who morphed it and "morph" them into breathing underwater , oopsy

cheers!

haha yeah I've heard there's some store in melbourne that sells them. Evil *(&!ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back