Hi all I'm looking for a spider

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would be pretty confused if i bought a spider as a baby and then didn't see for like a year and then it comes out looking like aragog form harry potter.
Haha yeah, you just drop their cricket into the enclosure once a week and check the next day to see that it's gone... if it's not, remove it right away as chances are the spider is in moult... crickets can and do kill moulting spiders so yeah it's something that needs to be observed. Other than that, if weekly crickets are disappearing, your spider is growing and when you do see it again completely out of the burrow it can be quite confronting lol I had a shaggy dog sling (pictured in my previous post) that was literally this big >○< and living in a camera film canister eating pinhead crickets... I rarely saw it... then one day I opened it up and dumped it out thinking it must've died and it was 10c coin sized.

48pp1y.jpg

In all seriousness though, spiders don't freak me out, I keep several Aussie T's and have done for many years.
View attachment 329577 View attachment 329578

What actually terrifies me and makes me genuinely nervous are centipedes.... I don’t know what it is, perhaps just their lightning speed and totally unpredictable ways... I have 2 big green Ethmostigmus rubripes and they scare the s**t outta me when I feed them... if they're out and about when I need to open their enclosure to throw a cricket or woody in... if they got out, I would probably just burn my house to the ground. Those things (as far as I'm concerned) are the stuff of nightmares. About 3 weeks ago I was awoken in the middle of the night by something crawling across my legs, man did I fly off the bed in a hurry... was just an escaped woody lol. Heart rate went from about 60bpm to 180bpm in a split second.

Here’s one for you then, Flaviemys:

I think I'm in love!

I've been away from Asia too long. In Laos and east Thailand it's completely normal to eat arthropods of many types. The first girlfriend I had in Asia had a mother who gave me my first meal of bats and they'd often have a bowl of fried beetles or crickets out like you might see a bowl of nuts or lollies in an Australian home. I knew I was going to enjoy it there.

You're strange. Not crazy. Just strange

By my understanding, there are two types of crazy. One type of crazy is where you lose grasp of reality. Like, if you think doing something dangerous is safe, or if you think aliens run the government or the BLM movement is about unity rather than division.

The other type is where you understand that something is dangerous or stupid, your perception of reality isn't warped, but you choose to do stupid, warped things anyway.

I'm the second type. You might define that as strange, you might be right. I haven't checked the dictionary definitions.

Seriously though, that girl looks like she'd be a lot of fun to eat with, I'd love a girl who eats like that, but that particular girl looks like a hideous person.

Latest posts

Back