Hi all

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pup_87

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
New to all these forum things so don't really know what to say :oops:
I'm hoping to get my first python in a few months once I've moved house. Still deciding on the type.
Just trying to get as prepared as I can with as much advice as I can get
:D

Hi and welcome!

Deciding what sort of python to get is half the fun!

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH....the different pythons you are allowed on your licence, how big they can get, are they arboreal or terrestrial, heating requirements, food.
Make sure you know exactly what your choice needs to live a long and happy life, and have everything in place before you bring your new friend home. :)

Thanks, It'll still be a fair while. I can't even get my licence yet because I'm not sure what my address will be :-(
In the meantime I'm trying to find courses etc to do so I can learn!

I'm sure there are courses you can do, but a lot can be learnt from books, there are a couple around with good info, one is this one -

Care of Australian Reptiles in Captivity by John Weigel.

Yeah I got that one a few months ago, though being the blonde that I am i packed it in one of the boxes to go to my new house and have no idea where it is :oops:
I'm trying to find a reputable course in Melbourne, I've joined a few forums to ask peoples opinions, but everyone seems to ignore me, dont think I have the jargon etc downpat, lol :(
Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back