Hi all

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BastFenstalker

Reaction score
I'm a first time owner of an adult morelia spilota cheynei.
I have no idea of its age, or gender
We're doing fairly well so far. S/he feeds once a week on large rats, and has shed once, much to the cats fascination.
Looking for advice on care and such

Hi Bast, welcome to Aussie Pythons!

My cats are obsessed with my RSP's enclosure.... I was handling him one day and when I went to return him my smallest cat had gotten into his enclosure!!

Is there anything specific you were worried about in regards to your snakes care?

Not particularly.
S/he does have a new habit of headbutting everything in the viv, and seems to be looking for a way to escape.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's pretty standard python behaviour in my experience.

The only thing I'd ask is the length of the snake and the enclosure dimensions?

It's standard to allow enough space for the python to stretch out fully in every direction in the enclosure...

Not particularly.
S/he does have a new habit of headbutting everything in the viv, and seems to be looking for a way to escape.

As long as your Jungle isn't head butting anything sharp like metal or protruding nails or glass edges then shouldn't be too much concerned about it. Usually happens when put into new environments and smells, tastes etc. As long as you provide the basics (being water, food, basking temp and cool temp as well as a hide or two) you should have many more years of ownership (companionship) with "Shemale the Cheynei".

This is the vivarium
It's roughly 2ft×4ft×6ft, and sits between 19° and 27°
a3c3c634206f7479e545b5297bc27a2e.jpg

Welcome to APS, and the world of reptiles.
The only thing I would suggest is the basking spot should be around 32 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back