Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

triggered

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys I have just joined up here, live in south aus and have used the site many times for info and thought it was time to join up and become a part of it all!!
I have kept reptiles for many years on and off...
Currently have a coastal carpet python ive had for about 10yrs+, a 6yr old jungle python and have just got a yellow spotted monitor 7 weeks old!
Looking for any or as much info I can get on yellow spotted monitors too if any 1 can point me in the right direction!! thanks:D

Mickey

View attachment 260469View attachment 260471couple of pics of my coastal

Last edited:
Welcome buddy! Im an SA enthusiast aswell. What info did you want on Varanus Panoptes? For me, if you provide a hot spot of 50 degrees, water source, and feed them to capacity every 2-3 days. They should be really happy!

Awesome thanks jairus !!! Thats a good start... my basking site is currently at 30 so i might have to do something there.. he/she still is active eating hunting digging etc at that temp though.. Hes 7 weeks old and eats around 2 to 3 crickets a day.. and a small pinkie every 3 to 4 days on top of that... would like to get him hand tame also so any info you may have on that would be helpful also..

Well if you never handle them they stay pretty feisty. But handle them too often when small and you could stress them too much so theres always that argument and im sure there will be many with different opinions. For me regular handling is the key. Its an eventual process. Panoptes have a crazy yellow to them and iv always have a uv light next to the basking light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back