Hi guys an girls

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python fanatic

Reaction score
Hey guys

my names ben im just ya typical 33 year old male who likes reptiles, im in south Australia an keen chat an learn off fellow reptile owners but thats enough about me here is my introduction on my snakes below

Top left we have Karen she is a marebra carpet python who's about 5 years old an comes in at about the 3.8 kg mark an 2 meters long she's such a gentle big girl realy

Top right we have Wilber who's approx 5 years old he is a coastal carpet python an comes in weighing 2.2kg an 2.5 meters long he was a rehomed dude, As bit his old owner an can be some what unpredictable to handle if not sure how read his body signs

Bottom left is my very first snake Sapphire she's a Albino Darwin python about 2 years old weighing in at 519 grams an 1.5 meters long she's been a challenging one from never realy eating to finally after like 6 months as hatching got her eating but recently after took her vets been told looks like she has cancer so if doesn't improve soon may have be put down

Bottom right is Rarman he's a 2 year old jungle python weighing in at 160grams an is 95cm long he's comeing along in bounds he wasn't handled much as hatching so is very skittish when out of his enclosure, but will settle down once use to being out

I look forward to chatting with people an learning more on this hobbies we all love
Kind regards Ben

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1_20220424115141.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1_20220424115141.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 42
Hello Ben, welcome to the forum. Beautiful snakes. Is Sapphire confirmed to have cancer? Hope she's just fine.

Hello Ben, welcome to the forum. Beautiful snakes. Is Sapphire confirmed to have cancer? Hope she's just fine.
Hey pwood

yeah looking that's ways she's been to the vets once a month for last three months now as had a case of mouth rot so has been on antibiotic injections. Thats I've had to administer every 3 days But the vet seaid her White blood cell count is extremely high an she's showing markers for Lymphatic cancer an we are hiting about 8 months since she has ate any food Now or thow she hasn't lost any weight, but for a 2 year old snake she tiney... I've been spraying her tank an bathing her keep her hydrated an going try a mouse today as she struck me yesterday so hope that's a + sign her mouth feels better an she might eat

How ever if next visit vets her blood test it's not improved be looking like have put her down witch will suck as she's the biggest sook realy an such a nice girl she was my first an one planed breed with when she reached size an age

Thanks Ben

I'm sorry for what you and Sapphire have gone through. Hoping everything will be okay. Can you keep us posted? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back