hi guys i just got a new albino darwin carpet python. im new to this and have taken as much care as

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gavin howe

Reaction score
hi guys i just got a new albino darwin carpet python. im new to this and have taken as much care as possible setting him up so he is happy in his new home. he is 12mths old and about 1 meter long. ive had him for 2 days now and the first day he was pretty active checking out his new home but today and tonight he has been just sitting coiled up under the heat lamp whitch is set at 31-33 by an on off thermo. its 22 on the cool side. his enclosure is large. about 1.4mtrs high by 1meter wide and 1 meter deep. he hasnt really moved much at all but did his first poop under his shelf where the lamp is. like i said im new to this and im just hoping he is ok. he had a 2 and a half hr drive to get him here so im hoping its just from the transport he is being still...any help would be greatly appreciated. sorry for the long msg lol..

Sounds normal to me too mate. It's not unusual for them to stay under the heat or in their hides for extended periods. It all depends on where they are comfortable if they are spending their whole time seeking heat it could mean the temps are out. Just watch your snakes behaviour and go from there you will learn what he wants with time

Last edited:
sounds normal to me
ok awesome...thanks mate i appreciate it.
[doublepost=1565671683,1565671611][/doublepost]
Sounds normal to me too mate. It's not unusual for them to stay under the heat or in their hides for extended periods. It all depends on where they are comfortable if they are spending their whole time seeking heat it could mean the temps are out. Just watch your snakes behaviour and go from there you will learn what he wants with time
ok. cool. thanks for the info mate..very much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back