Hiking tracks illawarra

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unclewo-wo

Reaction score
I have made topics about herping before and had plenty of help but this is different.
I have a mate that just got back from over seas and we would like to go hiking around the Illawarra (if I find reps on the way to photograph all the better) to give you an idea we just went to the bottom of Mac pass and went to the right this time and started climbing the water falls. We are after any where up to an hour or two walk with watering holes and nice views please and thank you
WazzaXxX

I have done the reverse of that trip, from the very top using ropes to abseil the waterfalls... a lot of effort for one tiger snake!
Did you check out the abandoned houses nearby? plenty of tin...

Pop in to the tourist centre in town and get some maps of the walking trails. There are heaps around. You could try Mt keira or Mt Kembla really nice trails up there.

I have done the reverse of that trip, from the very top using ropes to abseil the waterfalls... a lot of effort for one tiger snake!
Did you check out the abandoned houses nearby? plenty of tin...

No we did not as we were not looking for reps. we were just getting out and about and getting fit rather than going to a gym. Maybe one time I could go for a walk with you, as I don't have any one that wants to look for reps and I don't want to do it one out (danger reasons).

Always best to take a companion if exploring the local bush, particularly, if like myself, you have an itch to get close to venomous serpents.
Abandoned buildings that nature is in the process of reclaiming are great places for herping, the ones mentioned above now house skinks, small nocturnal elapids (2 species) diurnal elapids (2 species) and probably the local python species.

Byarong Creek is a great walk/scramble. Off trail tho .
Let me know when you want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back