Hosmer's husbandry tips

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GG7091

Reaction score
I've just gotten a young pair of Hosmer's Spiny tailed skinks (Egernia hosmeri) about a couple of months old. Unfortunately they didn't come with much guidance and there's not a lot available when I did a Google search. So any husbandry tips would be very welcome - enclosure setup, heating needs, lighting, diet, etc. Thanks.

I've just gotten a young pair of Hosmer's Spiny tailed skinks (Egernia hosmeri) about a couple of months old. Unfortunately they didn't come with much guidance and there's not a lot available when I did a Google search. So any husbandry tips would be very welcome - enclosure setup, heating needs, lighting, diet, etc. Thanks.
Their care is roughly the same as just a regular gidgee skink.

Thanks Friller, I appreciate your quick reply. I've been basing things on Gidgees and all going well so far. Just keen to hear from anyone who keeps Hosmer's if there's anything different I should be doing.

Thanks Friller, I appreciate your quick reply. I've been basing things on Gidgees and all going well so far. Just keen to hear from anyone who keeps Hosmer's if there's anything different I should be doing.
No worries, also i feel rude to ask, but what breeder did you get them from?

I was disappointed with the lack of advice from the breeders. The skinks were freighted so I didn't get to meet in person and the much promised advice never came. But I don't want to name and shame on an open forum like this. I really appreciate your advice which is more than the breeder gave and you've certainly reassured me that I haven't gotten it completely wrong. Cheers.

Back