Hot tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1969

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have a new jungle jag and the room he is in is getting up to 34 degrees inside her tank. Is this dangerous at this level? I have switched of heat matt and globe but it's just hot upstairs.

Can you move the tank to a cooler area (downstairs maybe)?
Having the tank against an internal wall rather than the external cavity wall (the one's with windows, if you get what I'm saying) of your building might be more stable and cooler a temp. too.

What does it drop to at night? Like at 5-6am, after cooling all night?

34 isn't dangerous - if the snake can get away from the heat when it feels the need, there's your problem.

Nice big water bowl to swim in?

Like Harpo said, so long as she's got water to escape into to she should be fine, check the water isn't getting too hot, and if she's always hanging out near it/in it then you might need to move enclosure, but if she's just chilling around everywhere like normal she's fine.

Like Harpo said, so long as she's got water to escape into to she should be fine, check the water isn't getting too hot, and if she's always hanging out near it/in it then you might need to move enclosure, but if she's just chilling around everywhere like normal she's fine.
Cool thanks guys, she has a water bowl big enough for to fully submerge but hasn’t been using it, so she must be fine. So snakes will go into water if there hot? She is shedding as well. Hopefully she will eat soon too as she hasn’t eaten in four months.

She's shedding she wants to be hot, they like to get super warm when in shed, she also will probably eat after shed.

Latest posts

Back