housing snakes together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhysgrant

Reaction score
hey guys,

I'm new to the forums, I currently have a male stimson python about 20 months old (75cm) hes going well my first snake,
but I am thinking of getting a south west carpet aswell and wanting to know if possible to house them together? or would this just cause problems?
would the carpet try and eat my stimmy once it gets bigger? would it dominate it and deprive it from warmth etc? by not letting it go into the warm side
ive heard mixed results so wanting to find out for sure as ive heard people having these together with no dramas and heard a few horror stories too

TIA

Hi, and welcome to APS. :)

Easy question to answer, quite simply a big NO. Do not house them together.

Accident waiting to happen and just stresses the snakes out, the SW carpet python will grow quite large and then your Stimmy will be a nice meal for him/her.

Separate enclosures/tubs, always.

Yea I thought this might be the case, oh well time to invest in another enclosure!

yea still got my old one from when I got my stimmy as a hatchie, could I then get away with putting the click clack inside my stimmies enclosure for the time being?
or could that still stress them out? (obviously id place in a spot where its half warm and half cold side etc. and monitor the temp)

Cheers

I'd keep the click clack out of the enclosure. If you want to use the heat from the enclosure, you could try placing the click clack on top of the enclosure, somewhere in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back