How big do Darwin Carpet pythons get?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on the size of the enclosure and food, they can grow to around 2m. As a rule, Female Snakes are bigger than males but not that much.

Depending on the size of the enclosure and food, they can grow to around 2m. As a rule, Female Snakes are bigger than males but not that much.
Fyi: enclosure size has nothing to do with growth, your animal will grow to its mature size no matter how big the enclosure is and you need to upgrade the enclosure accordingly otherwise tub keepers would only have tiny animals and this is not the case.

Food on the other hand definitely affects growth. The more frequently you feed the faster and larger they will grow. However true it is, I will never really know but I prefer a slower more natural growth as I like to think more natural habits will help my animals live longer...

It's not really true that female snakes are generally larger than males. It's definitely true in some species, but in others there is little difference, and in some the males are typically larger. Whether or not a species typically engages in male combat has a lot to do with male size, but there are exceptions to that too. Captive female snakes are often larger than captive males because people tend to feed the females more, but this doesn't accurately reflect their potential.

Darwin Carpets can get to over 2.5m, but average less.

Enclosure size has very little impact on snake growth/size.

Back